Disney Mania

Friday, June 16, 2006

Silence Is Not Just Golden...It's Priceless

Out of my many experiences at Disney World I think there is one that can't ever be matched. The opportunity to be virtually the only one in the park. There were somedays that my shift would extend and hour after the Animal Kingdom closed to do a closing sweep after the guests have left. As the guests would leave, it would slowly get more quiet. When almost all the guest and many of the employees had left, it was so quiet that you could hear the crickets chirping, the birds singing, the ambient music playing in the bushes, and I would pause for a moment on one of the bridges and watch the sun set into the horizon. I felt like the park was my own and that I was the only one there. It was a wonderful gift to be give to have that experience. I have also been in the Magic Kingdom for a College Program party and me and my friends were the only ones left in the park. We just sat and watched the colored lights change on Cinderella Castle. It was so magical indeed. I walked with one of my roommates as he was doing a closing check at EPCOT, and again, the silence of the park is something no guest could pay for. It was marvelous to just sit there and be with your thoughts and ponder far beyond imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home